Welcome - Careers - Work Related Learning, Careers & Enterprise
The Careers Department at Co-op Academy Bebington, provides impartial information, advice, guidance and support for all students. Our aim is to empower students to reach well informed, reasoned decisions about their future education, training and occupations.
Careers Education, Information Advice and Guidance are a vital part of the education of our students here at Co-op Academy Bebington. We are committed to delivering a full Careers Programme; adhering to the latest Government Guidelines and working in partnership with the Careers and Enterprise Company.
The Careers Department at Co-op Academy Bebington provides impartial information, advice, guidance and support for all students. Our aim is to empower students to reach well informed and reasoned career decisions about their future education, training and occupations. Our full programme can be found here -
Pupils, Parents/Carers, Employers, Universities, Colleges and Training Providers are welcome to access information on the school website, or by contacting Mrs Carol Fardoe: Work Related Learning Co-ordinator and Careers Advisor at Co-op Academy Bebington. By email at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 0151 645 4154.
The employment market is changing in many ways that make it more important than ever for students to take personal responsibility for managing their own career development throughout life. For this, they need to develop the skills to manage their own career including the abilities to reflect and review, to plan and make decisions, and to use information resources effectively in order to create opportunities.
In addition to advice and guidance your children will receive throughout their time at Bebington and in keeping with our commitment to provide students with outstanding careers guidance and tailored support when choosing their next step after school, we will now be using Unifrog, an award-winning online careers platform.
We have set up a parent login so that you can use Unifrog as if you were a student yourself, allowing you to truly support your child. The form code you need is: parentsbebington and you can sign up here: www.unifrog.org/code
Why Use Unifrog with Key Stage 3?
During KS3 your children will be faced by their first ‘career decision’ in the form of choosing their GCSE subjects/options. Your school will let you know about compulsory subjects – e.g. English, math’s and science. Each school will be different in terms of what subjects and qualifications are available. Your choices can have an impact on your future studies and even your future career, so it’s important to make an informed decision.
- Read your school’s GCSE Options Booklet
- Talk to subject leaders/ course tutors about your options
- Talk with parents/carers, teachers and careers advisers about your choices
- Explore what I can do with . . . .
- Understand the new GCSE Grading system/England
- Explore and find out more about what entry level grades are required at GCSE for sixth form, colleges and apprenticeships
Using Unifrog with KS3 is a great way to help students comprehend how their choices now will affect their career options in the future.
- It can never be too soon for students to know what is expected of them if they want to follow a certain career path.
- It helps them understand how their GCSE choices can affect their future.
- It helps make careers seem more achievable and less abstract.
- Our tools are accessible for students in KS3 and by building familiarity with the tool early on, students will be confident using it 'for real' when they are thinking about their choices either in year 11 or sixth form.